2/6/15

Day 55 Planning before the uni study

Planning before the uni study

I have finished the reviewing process on last period. Therefore, it is the time to plan for the next month in lunar new year. 

Remember the procedure of planning, the first step will be defining the objects. I have to know what do I want to achieve before the trimester commencement on 9th March. That is corresponding to the goal-setting stage, which provide me the direction to put my effort. According to the skills and strengths enhancement plan in a larger scale, I will have to prepare for the units enrolled in the first trimester along with improving other skills such as language, investments and MYOB/Excel. I have enrolled in four subjects in semester 1 including: Corporations Law, Business Information Systems, Fundamentals of Finance and Financial Accounting. In addition, I want to boost my English skills on vocabulary, writing, and communicating. Furthermore, I will try to participate in Chinese stock market in the next period, because I am expecting to transfer the variety of skills into my own strengths on human capital. At last, a systematic study of the MYOB system is also needed to be completed.

After clarified the object, I will develop the strategies to achieve it. The prescribed text books are accessible through the university library. In order to obtain a better understanding and easier comprehending progress in the future study, I decide to briefly preview the whole book in the next period. Besides that, a detailed study for the first three chapter of these books is necessary. As to reach maximum effective, I will create summarizing key notes for the units, and complete the first three chapters’ problems. These notes shall be in typing due to the purpose of concision and better undesirability on revision. On the other hand, the English study will follow the same pattern plus some more resources available. My daily writing practice will continue as well as the vocabulary building. However, I am going use http://www.vocabulary.com/ to assist this process. I also decide to participate during the English learning course provided by the university in Clarity English Programs, which helps me to establish a straight-forward understanding on functional English in university study. Moreover, the participation in Chinese's stock market is on the schedule once I unfreeze my trading account back to China. Hence I have to study related knowledge and observe the professional’s investment decision. Meanwhile, I will try to analyze the reason behind their actions, as to accumulate experience in this area. For the MYOB operating study, I tend to apply for the online course for the official website, otherwise I will have to borrow relative materials from the library.

The last step of planning is to allocate the time. I assume the time available for me to perform a full-day study will be 18 days, because the travel cost plus festival/other events in the next month. With a simple calculation, my anticipated outcome will be : preview each textbook in four days, complete the English and MYOB course in 18 days. The daily writing, vocabulary adding, and investment learning will not be affected.

This is only a basic outline to construct the plan. The unexpected events will vary the actual schedule, thus a flexible time should be considered ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment